The following precautions are recommended at the onset of extremely cold weather in order to prevent pipes from freezing. You can avoid the inconvenience and damage that result from frozen or broken water pipes by observing these guidelines.
- Always leave your thermostat set at a minimum of 55 degrees.
- Leave both hot and cold water running in steady streams about the width of a pencil lead.
- Each under the sink cupboard in the kitchen and bathroom(s) should be opened to allow maximum heat from the apartment to reach the pipes.
- Leave bathroom doors open when not in use to allow heat to circulate.
- Remember to notify the manager if you will be absent from your apartment for more than a day or two at a time.
- Tell your managers immediately if your pipes freeze.
Thank you for your cooperation!